As I sit here at my desk in deep thought I reflect on the year 2016, and think about all the blessings the Lord has given me in the last year, and what can I say? Other than I am so very thankful to my Father in heaven for never forsaking me, for loving me, for not giving up on me and for guiding me, and for showing me the way forward with my life. I am without a doubt the most blessed person in the world. Well in my world dare I say.
The year 2016 started off bleak, with no hope for a future. No living will to do anything. But that soon changed by the grace of God. So first let me begin by writing down the most prominent blessings that God gave me in 2016.
- First and foremost carrying me through the wilderness. I was in a very dark place this time last year. But somehow, by the grace of God the depression lifted by April.
- Accepting Sebby’s death and that he is safe in the arms of Jesus
- I attended a Jules Riding concert in Bratislava which majored on getting through the wilderness and coming to terms with all our issues at the cross. Listening to his music and testimony made me realise the wilderness would end eventually.
- Putting Sebby’s Song to music with Jules Riding
- My blog blooming
- The beginning of releasing my dream of becoming a published writer. After a friend of mine read my book and told me it was worth considering for publication, the ball started moving in the direction to getting it published.
- Finding an editor (Stuart) who was most competent and got the book to its final stage.
- Finding a cover designer (Cristiana) who made the best cover for my book and the cost of the cover covered by a friend
- Someone giving me a donation towards the printing costs of my book. Just wow. That was one of the best moments in 2016 – undeniably feeling the Lord’s presence in my life, and knowing that this was the right direction for me.
- Being able to see my grandparents with my brothers and sisters
- Healing, and lots of healing by the grace of God
- Finding peace
- Learning to let go
- A new book idea
- Having a roof over my head
- Having a family to go home to
- Knowing that no matter how hard life can get that the Lord is my anchor and He will guide me and show me the way
- A job I can go to daily
- A church I can go to
- Losing weight
- Being able to spend time daily in the word of God, and making sure to spend time with God daily. My special time with God was whilst i walked to and from work.
- Starting to exercise
- Learning how to drive
- Completing the 1 year bible plan
- And just feeling God’s never ending LOVE on my life
I am sure there are many more things I could mention, but to be honest I can’t remember them all. And some I just want to keep between myself and God. If I look back on 2016, it was a year where God was moving mountains in my life. I very much felt his presence upon me, and I am so thankful for His love towards me.
I am very appreciative of everything that has happened in the past 12 months. I have learned so much, and I hope I can teach you little things on the way as well by the grace of God.
I can only hope and pray that this year 2017 will be as good if not better than year 2016. Thank you Lord for being so very present in my life and for guiding me and showing me Your will for my life. I long to sit in your presence daily, and I look forward to what you have in store for me this year. I trust you. Hallelujah Lord.
We just want more of you Jesus in our lives. More of you. More of the Holy Spirit. I just pray Lord the book publishing will go according to your plan and that it will go smoothly, and that you will continue to guide me. Thank you. Amen.